Welcome to the Udemy Platform Tour
Below, you’ll find both a video version and text version of the Udemy Platform Tour so you can learn how you feel most comfortable.
Which version would you like to learn with?
Udemy Platform Tour – Video Version
Udemy Platform Tour – Text Version
Udemy is a worldwide marketplace that we use as a platform so our students around the world can enroll in and complete The BA Guide courses. Here, we’ll highlight the features provided by Udemy and how they can be used to easily navigate through lectures and to enhance your learning experience.
A. Video Lecture
Video Player Features Breakdown:
- Play/ Pause: allows to play and pause the video (using the spacebar will also work).
- Rewind 5s: jumps back in the video 5 seconds at a time.
- Playback Rate: adjusts the speed at which the video is playing. This can be customized according to your preferred pace.
- Forward 5s: allows you to skip forward in the video in 5-second increments.
- Timer: shows the length of the entire video and tracks the running time when the video is played.
- Notes: allows you to set references to important points in the lecture and jump directly to it the next time you play the video.
How to use the notes feature:
- Click on the Add Note button as soon as you reach the part of the timeline that you want to bookmark.
- As you do so, you may also add notes and additional information that can be useful in the future.
- A gold marker in the timeline indicates a saved section of the video. A listing of all the notes for a lecture can also be found in the Interactive Section (see: C).
- Volume Adjustment: raises or lowers the volume of the video.
- Transcript: this is a written version of the video content. It is presented in a list view.
- Click the button to open up the transcript on the right-hand side. When the video plays, a purple highlight in the text will move along to show where you are in the discussion.
- To close the transcript, simply hit the X button.
- Closed Caption (CC): provides in-video text to help non-native English speakers and anyone who prefers to read what is being said in the video rather than rely solely on the audio
- To show the text in the video, turn the closed caption feature ON.
- Select the language you are most comfortable in. English is the default.
- Video Settings: by clicking the gear icon…
- You can manually adjust your video quality output according to the internet speed/connection you are at;
- Turn ON/OFF autoplay of the next lecture;
- Full Screen: adjusts the size of the video player to fill your entire monitor screen.
- Expand: adjusts the size of the video player to fill the space occupied by the curriculum (for more on Curriculum, see section B).
B. Curriculum– This is where the listing of all lectures that makeup the overall course are found. Naturally, the course walks through one lecture to the next, but you can use this section to understand what’s coming up next, how long it’s going to take- it gives you an idea how many minutes that video is so you can determine if you have enough time to go through it.
- The courses are broken down into sections with each accompanied by the amount of time it takes to finish each section.
- Each of the sections has lectures to complete. The time it takes to finish a lecture is also provided. Click on the up/down arrows to show/hide the list of lectures for each section.
- The check mark next to the lecture denotes that you have already completed that lecture.
- When a lecture has a “Resources” folder next to it, that means there are accompanying downloadable resources available for you. To download, simply click on the Resources button and select the file(s) you want to download to your local device.
This is where students get to know the Overview of the Course, send in questions, find bookmarked parts of the lecture, and read the announcements from The BA Guide team.
- Overview: As the default tab, this is where all the pertinent information and description of the course are provided.
- Q&A: This is where students can ask questions to Jeremy and/or search for questions that other students have already asked and had answered by Jeremy. If your question has not been asked yet, you may post it on this tab and you’ll receive an email notification as soon as it has been responded to.
TIP: The default view is for the current lectures but you can change that to ALL lectures if your question pertains to the course in general.
- Bookmark: This tab shows a list of the video sections that you’ve bookmarked. Click on the link and it will take you directly to that part of the video so you’re able to go back and reference that bookmarked material.
- Announcements: This is where announcements will be made that are relevant to a particular course. If new course material is added or updated, it will be indicated here.
- Reviews: This is where you can see feedback from other students who have taken the course.
- Learning Tools: This tab offers the ability to schedule your learning and even receive reminders to help you stay on track with your course progress.